Because Market Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
Eligibility: The Because Market Survey Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (the "Territory") who are 18 years of age or older and are legal residents in the Territory at the time of entry. Because Market (“Sponsor”), MRM Insights (“Contest Administrator”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor and independent Contest Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants must fulfill all requirements set forth in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a Prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Contest Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. You must fulfill all requirements set forth in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a Prize.
Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on January 22, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 7, 2019 (the "Contest Period").
How to Enter:
a. Online Entry: During the Contest Period, potential participants may be invited to participate in a survey and for the opportunity to enter the Contest. Once at the survey, participants should complete the questions provided – the survey will take approximately ten (10) minutes to finish. At the end of the survey, each participant may provide his/her name, mailing address (including zip code), phone number and email address. Entrants must complete all required information. LIMIT ONE (1) ONLINE ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS.
b. Mail-in Entry: To enter the Contest by mail, during the Contest Period, hand print (in the following order) your full name, complete street address, daytime telephone number, email address and birth date, on a 4′′ x 6′′ postcard (with no outer envelope) and mail it to Because Market Survey Sweepstakes, PO Box 444, Fountainville, PA 18923. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest upon receipt of a valid postcard entry. Postcards must be received by February 7, 2019. All mail-in entries must be legibly hand written (including addressing), mailed separately with no outer envelope and have sufficient postage. LIMIT ONE (1) MAIL-IN ENTRY PER /HOUSEHOLD OR MAILING ADDRESS.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, all entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification from the Sponsor or the Contest Administrator.
Prize Drawing: On or about February 8, 2019, the Contest Administrator will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible Online and Mail-in entries received during the entire Contest Period.
Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds of Winning: One (1) Grand Prize: $500 awarded in the form of a check payable to the winning entrant and two (2) First Prizes: $250
awarded in the form of a check payable to the winning entrant. Total ARV of all prizes is $1,000. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. All characteristics and features of the prize(s) except as otherwise explicitly stated above are at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize(s) is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize (or portion thereof) with a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize(s), are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner(s). Arrangements for delivery of prize(s) will be made after winner validation. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize(s) will be awarded only to a winning entrant residing at an address within the Territory provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. At the Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prize(s) may not be awarded.
Entrant Verification: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the person in whose name entry was made. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Administrator – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) for any reason the Contest Administrator deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these
Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Administrator within the timeline specified by the Contest Administrator may result in disqualification by the Contest Administrator, in its sole discretion.
Disqualification: Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules (as determined by the Contest Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion) will be void and will not be entered into the Contest's prize drawing. The Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner.
Notification & Validation of Winners: Potential winners will each be contacted by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release, tax forms, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
10. Prize Redemption: The Contest Administrator will mail the verified winners their respective prizes using the postal address provided by each entrant in the winning entries. To obtain a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Because Market Survey Sweepstakes Winners List P.O. Box 444
Fountainville, PA 18923
Vermont residents may exclude return postage. Contest Administrator will only respond to winners list requests that it receives within thirty (30) days after the close of the Contest Period.
11. Limitations: Contest Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or Entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected non-delivered, received postage-due mail or not received by Sponsor or Contest Administrator for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, mail delivery service, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access
to, or alteration of, Entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants' or any person's computer; (v) causes beyond Contest Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the Announcement / notification of Prize winners; (viii) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Contest; or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or nonconforming Entries (as determined by the Contest Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion) will be disqualified.
12. Modification, Suspension and Termination: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest if for any reason this Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, social media mandate, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Contest Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest, or if this Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise. The Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or survey website or violates these Official Rules. If the Contest is terminated before the stated end date of the Contest Period, the Contest Administrator may select the winners in a random drawing from among all applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination.
13. Releases: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to the maximum extent permitted by law, all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Contest Parties, and their respective successors and assigns from and against any liability, loss, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injury, death or damages arising out of participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Contest and (c) to waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees, court costs, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants' names, photographs, videos, voices and/or any other likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation or notice.
16. Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Notice: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
17. Severability & Conflicts: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor or Contest Administrator, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
18. Sponsor: Because Market, 1475 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City CA 94063. Mail-in entries are not accepted at this address.
19. Contest Administrator: The Contest is administered and judged by MRM Insights, P.O. Box 444, Fountainville, PA 18923. All comments, questions and complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to the Contest Administrator only.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.